Thursday, November 12, 2009

A bizarre dream

I had a truly bizarre dream last night. I quite often do but for some reason this one stuck in my head because it was semi-sadist.

I dreamt that I was driving the car, as you do, when all of a sudden I noticed that one of my animals was shut in the door. Like when you shut the seatbelt in the car door and the door is kinda shut but not really. Or when you shut your hand in the door and your fingers all break but you forget about it.

Anyway, my cat Shadow was shut in the door. She had made it into the car (mostly) before someone (me?) shut the door on her and trapped her there. Her left front paw up to the shoulder and part of her left back paw had been shut outside the car. I was alarmed! So I opened the door to let her out. Turns out she was fine, or I think so, because after limping off she disappeared from my dream and didn't return. But it gets worse.

Because my other cat Moonlight was jammed in the boot! If that had happened in real life she would have been cut in half and killed. I couldn't believe that not one, but TWO cats had been shut in openings of my car and left there helplessly. How does that even happen? Had another cat trapped them there?

And then there was a third cat I could not identify shut in another door. There is something wrong with me. Third time was the charm and I decided to dream about something else.

1 comment:

  1. 'Third time was the charm' - oh dear :S
    I'm sorry that you had this dream man, I reckon it's more likely that it was a bad dog that did it aye... but I like that you assume it was another cat. Maybe it was the anonymous cat, that couldn't live with itself anymore after commiting such a horrendous attack.
    Man, dreams really weird you out aye, I had a bad dream about a friends relationship with their other half, I hope it doesn't mean anything... but I really feel like I should ask. I nearly did, but thought better of it. I hope your dream doesn't come into fruition, that would be awful.

    ReplyDelete