Friday, October 29, 2010

Friends

If You hadn't shown me better
I would think myself to be the worst of all men
The most depraved and the most hateful and the best liar
I would feel the least worthy of your grace
(Thank God for it!)
Like the very best faker in a crowd of Christian-white porcelain
A solitary smudge upon a pane of glass

Which is why I thank You God for your people
For taking fakers, thieves, hypocrites and murderers under wing
And fashioning me friends in my own image
In your image but sinful
Deadmen and deadwomen covered in blood
Who show me grace unceasing and love unfailing
And assure me that I am never
Never
Alone

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I am happy you wrote this.

    Far out God's grace is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen.

    This is what I believe about my friendship with you and many others too.
    Thanks God for the influence of others.

    ReplyDelete