Sunday, August 22, 2010

At one point I wanted to crawl under the table and take a fork to my jugular because I was so embarrassed.

I just finished listening to a sermon by Mark Driscoll that Zachary gave me a link to.

I have never listened to that man and... I was very impressed but also very ashamed.

I found it disturbingly challenging.

I can't decide if I'm a coward or a chauvinist because honestly I feel like sometimes I'm both.

A quick survey of this blog's eleven followers reveals that some of them are men, and I guess I'd encourage those people to watch this if they haven't already.

You can post your character type in the comments!

Na not really. But do watch it and comment.

Girls you should watch it too.

Mark Driscoll on Marriage and Men

7 comments:

  1. I was amazed by how he just laid into them. He didn't simply suggest that there might be hypocrites sitting out in the audience, he straight up said there were... and he yelled at them. And I felt like he was yelling at me. It reminds me of when Jesus called the Pharisees a brood of vipers. Flip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened.
    I was also taken aback by the way he was talking to the guys, calling them idiots and whatnot. But then he said that thing about how talking to women is different and I understood.
    It was really good to hear a man say all that stuff about men taking the leadership position in a marriage. I think women look for that, no matter how domineering or pushy they seem to be.
    Also, he was so straight up. That was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sermon. Brilliant, shocking, humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK you just put up a link for an hour length video. I just casually didn't watch it but read the summary notes underneath. I also agree with the man, read a decent book on the topic... I'll lend it to you if you want, it does come across as being extremely conservative (I don't know if that's the right word for it).
    I believe I'm a huge coward a lot of the time aye.
    And lastly, I want to initiate God convo's more often. But in your opinions do these conversations need to have a conclusion... cos to me they don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the way thats an awful title and you should really change it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally understand your title... I did need to watch and listen after all! Still it's not nice Mark Driscoll, a bit far.

    ReplyDelete